Cirdan’s client, a regional health plan, decided to expand its Medicare offerings to include a fully integrated D-SNP product. Because of Cirdan’s deep experience working with D-SNP plans, the client retained Cirdan to assist in both the feasibility evaluation and preparation of the bid.
- Cirdan modeled the potential financial results of a D-SNP product, with county specific scenarios
- Cirdan used its type of service model to assign claims expenses into the complex categories required for the bid
- Cirdan worked closely with plan staff to ensure all plan specific issues were identified and addressed early in the bid development cycle
- Cirdan’s work included assumption setting, evaluation of supplemental benefits, development and preparation of the BPT
- Using a combination of plan data and our pricing models, Cirdan prepared the bid for submission to CMS and responded to desk review questions
The plan was able to successfully add the D-SNP product to its portfolio and retained Cirdan to prepare bids in subsequent years.